The Kitchen Manager manages the back of the house in a fine dining establishment. He/She hires and trains the kitchen staff and is responsible for ordering food and supplies and negotiating with vendors to achieve optimal pricing and meet budgeted costs. He/She also ensures the food is prepared correctly and quickly.
- Ensures the quality and safety of food
- Keps the kitchen clean, organized and well stocked
- Maintains equipment and utensils
- Trains and develops crew members
- Promotes teamwork and created a great customer experience
- Accomplishes station’s goals
- Monitors food waste and inventory levels
- Resolves food quality issues
- Ensures the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management or certification from culinary school is required.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Valid ServSafe certification
- Proficient with budgeting
Skills needed for this role
The Kitchen Manager must have excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities, outstanding communication and organizational skills, and excellent customer service skills. Having the ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment is also essential for this role.
Hospitality, Food Management