The Kitchen Porter performs duties like washing, cleaning and basic meal preparation duties required in our kitchen. His/Her job responsibilities include cutting and portioning meat, informing the supervisor when food supplies are low, and appropriately storing washed dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Ensures basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collects and washes up pots and pans.
- Cleans food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unloads food and equipment deliveries.
- Keeps the storeroom organized.
- Keeps work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitized
- Ensures that food mixers, cookers, and other cooking equipment are in good working order
- Washes dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- A high school degree or GED is preferred
- Food handler’s license
- Proven previous work experience as a Kitchen Porter
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced restaurant setting
- Ability to follow instructions with an upbeat attitude
- Working knowledge of food health and safety regulations
Skills needed for this role
The Kitchen Porter must have the ability to communicate with the Kitchen Managers, cooks and customers. He/She must have thorough attention to detail, excellent time management and critical thinking skills. Having an in-depth knowledge of kitchen safety and health regulation is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee