The Labor Relations Specialist acts as liaison between a company’s employees and its executive management team. He/She negotiates solutions that satisfy the desires of one group without endangering the needs of another. He/She brings both parties to the table in order to create effective compromises.
- Handles routine labor relations and human resource inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; refers complex matters to appropriate management staff.
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints.
- Conducts initial interviews and gathers information for employee relations matters
- Coordinates with HR and other departments to create and sustain positive employee relations and facilitate effective communications between employees and management
- Develops and presents informational briefings for management to improve understanding of labor relations and promote improved contract and management solutions
- Assists management during crisis situations
- Assists with preparation of documents and records required for contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, Accounting, or related field required.
- Masters in HRM, Business Management is advantageous
- Thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to HR and contract negotiations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Skills needed for this role
The Labor Relations Specialist must have strong decision-making skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once. He/She must have exceptional verbal and written communications abilities with conflict resolution experience, and must be detail-oriented and dedicated to meeting deadlines.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Human Resources, Labor Relations