The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for the creation and delivery of bespoke training programmes. He/She should be designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression and best practice in mind and the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within an organisation.
- Creates training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and having a strong understanding of what these are
- Implements various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Deploys different kinds of learning methods company wide٫ such as coaching٫ job-shadowing٫ online training and so on
- Manages the Learning & Development budget
- Develops effective induction programmes
- Monitors and reviews the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- Conducts appraisals
- research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or a related field
- More than 2 years experience of working on a L&D Manager٫ Training Manager or other relevant position
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Significant experience with effective learning and development methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills needed for this role
The Learning and Development Manager should have the ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives and design and implement effective training and development. He/She must have strong communication and negotiation skills٫ with a good ability to build relations with employees and vendors. Having strong organizational skills with business-oriented thinking are also required for this role.
Training and Development