The Leasing Consultant leases properties to prospective clients, answers requests from existing residents, and helps maintain properties. He/She works full and part time during varied shifts, including weekends and holidays, and reports directly to the property manager. He/She may have to travel often to visit properties, though many tasks are carried out within the leasing office itself.
- Assists landlords in finding appropriate tenants for their residential properties.
- Works smoothly with the market department for compiling lists, updating properties on our company website.
- Organizes day to day meetings with prospective clients.
- Presents the prospective client’s apartments, houses, plots, building, etc in a convincing way.
- Coordinates with the maintenance staff to ensure the property is in good condition.
- Advertises and promotes all the available properties.
- Creates agreements carrying the leasing terms.
- Helps the tenants fill their legal leasing forms and documents.
- Stays updated with knowledge of the market status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration advantageous.
- Real Estate license is essential.
- Proven skills in managing leases for high volume properties.
- Solid understanding of federal, state and local rental regulations and compliance.
- Expert knowledge of rental agreements.
- Well-informed individual who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work towards and meet targets
Skills needed for this role
The Leasing Consultant must be a capable networker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must have proficiency with Microsoft Office and property management software. He/She must be a solution-oriented thinker with strong problem-solving skills.