The Logistics Assistant is responsible for handling the administrative responsibilities which include warehouse support to the logistics manager and the team. He/She performs many duties including managing inbound containers and verifying that they contain the right items. He/She also checks invoices to ensure that service requests have been followed and create and maintain liaison with suppliers and customers to ensure that shipments are received in an organized manner.
- Monitors material transported and delivered for timeliness and legality
- Assists in loading and unloading, sorting, and stocking, and packaging merchandise and orders
- Responsible for the review, verification, and reconciliation of shipping documents
- Provides support in completing paperwork and documentation
- Carries out clerical work, including typing, proofreading, and editing documents, correspondence, and reports for the logistics department or assigned
- Supports with developing and preparing complex databases, reports, and/or presentation material for the logistics unit
- Prepares shipping documents such as Commercial Invoice, Packing Lists, and Shipyard Material Receivers, etc., for ongoing shipments and projects
- Enters data into spreadsheets from multiple sources, as well as verifying input and calculations
- Provides support in the maintenance of electronic filing systems for administrative documentation that guarantees swift retrieval of requested documents.
- Diploma or related qualification in supply chain, warehouse management and inventory
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience working with NGOs preferred, but not required
Skills needed for this role
The Logistics Assistant should have excellent organizational skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and good time management. He/She must also be flexible in their approach to working hours and have professional and courteous manners.
1-4 Years Experienced EMployee