The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction. He/She is well-versed in supply management principles and practices and should respond immediately to customer questions and complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position.
- Facilitates the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arranges transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Receives products and coordinates delivery
- Prepares loads for shipment
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Oversees inventory of goods and vehicles
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
- Advanced understanding of quality management principles
- Keen on working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous customer service experience
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
Skills needed for this role
The Logistics Coordinator must have good management and organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication and negotiation skills. He/She must also have the ability to analyze data and understand connections.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Customer Service, Logistics Management