The Logistics Officer will oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of the company. He/She coordinates personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods. He/She should be well-versed in supply management principles and practices, to ensure smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming maximum efficiency.
- Carries out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment
- Oversees customer based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered
- Ensures materials are appropriately stored
- Programs the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Provides a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators
- Manages and maintains inventory to operating levels to avoid supply
- Manages the repair of equipment
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory
- Carries out annual property inventory and provides other reports in his area of responsibility.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent), in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field
- First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field
- Good knowledge of logistic or supply chain management tasks.
- Good Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided for as customers.
Skills needed for this role
The Logistics Officer must have integrity, communication, coordination and great Interpersonal skills. He/She must be able to plan, organize, optimize, and multitask your working time. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) is also required for this role.
Logistics, Supply Chain Management