The Maintenance Manager oversees the repairs, installations and upkeep of various buildings, offices and other facilities. His/Her main duties include designing maintenance procedures, tracking budgets and expenses and performing inspections on different facilities to find problems and make repairs.
- Maintains all machinery to ensure it’s at working standards.
- Schedules and oversees all maintenance-related work by managing a team of maintenance technicians and supervisors
- Develops maintenance schedules and enforce them among maintenance staff
- Ensures operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Plans and oversees all repair and installation activities
- Manages systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy
- Plans and manages all repair and installation activities.
- Hires subcontractors for specialized maintenance work
- Contacts and schedule repairmen and extra help as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or equivalent professional level experience
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Manager is preferred
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Good understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Ability to create a maintenance schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs.
Skills needed for this role
The Maintenance Manager must have excellent organizational and leadership abilities and must demonstrate a good understanding of maintenance machinery and equipment, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills. He must have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities and maintains strong relationships with staff members
Facilities and Maintenance