The Maintenance Supervisor is the person in charge of supervising the upkeep of a building. She/He works in commercial buildings, although at times they may work at a large residential estate. He/She links between senior management and the rest of the maintenance team by serving as the primary channel for the flow of information within a facility.
- Provides support and advice during staff recruitment and ensures the proper onboarding and training process.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews
- Hires and oversees outside professionals such as electricians, plumbers etc.
- Communicates with operating departments to evaluate reliability and functionality of company equipment and system
- Ensures maintenance personnel wear and utilizes all safety equipment correctly as needed.
- Orders supplies and manages maintenance budget.
- Develops and executes training plans for maintenance workers.
- Makes sure that maintenance jobs are in accordance with all corporate policies and legislation regulations.
- Conducts proper follow-through on all maintenance issues.
- Coordinates, schedules, and performs preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or equivalent professional level experience
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor for more than 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of different building systems (heating, electrical, air conditioning, ventilation etc.)
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance
Skills needed for this role
The Maintenance Supervisor must have knowledge of building trades, such as plumbing, electric, flooring, roofing and carpentry. He/She must have knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices and must have experience scheduling, supervising and evaluating staff.
Facilities and Maintenance