The Maintenance Technician performs ongoing facility maintenance and completing repairs on equipment. His/Her duties include fixing machinery, plumbing, heating and wiring, inspecting buildings to confirm safety standards and scheduling major repairs with the building’s inhabitants.
- Responds quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Repairs broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Performs preventive maintenance on all fleet vehicles
- Maintains and repairs plumbing and heating components
- Conducts maintenance of electrical systems
- Repairs faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Surveys buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety regulations
- Plans and schedules repairs.
- Supports the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Cleans and maintains the tools they work with
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or equivalent professional level experience
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Technician for more than 3 years
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant fields is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- In depth knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance
Skills needed for this roles
The Maintenance Technician must have a strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods. He/she must be experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, lawn mowers, and small hand tools. Having working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Facilities and Maintenance