The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
- Determines, negotiates and agrees on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Designs, implements, and improves company quality standards.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Assures the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
- A degree in business administration, manufacturing/engineering or relevant field
- More than 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or similar role
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Familiarity with company and industry quality standards and processes
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Skills needed for this role
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She must have excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. He/She must also have strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and supervisory and leadership skills. Having proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Production, Quality Assurance