The Manufacturing Engineer designs, implements and reviews the procedures and equipment involved in the manufacturing process. His/Her duties include researching automation techniques, testing new systems for efficiency and planning factory layouts to optimize production.
- Designs new equipment, processes, procedures and systems
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods
- Purchases and installing equipment
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Repairs equipment
- Evaluates quality control processes and makes recommendations for improvements in quality control.
- Ensures that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance with all government laws and regulations.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes and identifies areas for improvement.
- Responds to breakdowns
- Makes improvements to current operations to enhance efficiency
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Must have obtained license as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs, and related software.
Skills needed for this role
The Manufacturing Engineer must have Knowledge of computer design and engineering software and experience with project management and planning. He/She must have excellent attention to detail and time management as well as the ability to provide feedback both orally and in writing.
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker