The Master Grower manages a greenhouse or other plant-growing facility. He/She breeds new types of plants, checking each existing plant for diseases and other problems, and generally supporting the facility’s production.He/She focuses on products for a specific industry, such as home horticulture or agriculture
- Oversees the daily operations of a cannabis farm, including the planting, trimming, and harvesting of crops.
- Develops strong relationships (agronomic focus) with grower customers with a focus on the top operations in the territory.
- Develops cultivation plans and assign duties
- Develops a cultivation plan and assigns duties to farm personnel.
- Works closely with Sales Effectiveness Manager to develop an annual large targeting and tracking strategy for large grower customers and prospects in the territory.
- Organizes and document the daily process of transplanting, cloning, defoliation and trimming of plants
- focuses on products for a specific industry, such as home horticulture or agriculture.
- Leverages relationships and crop expertise of the agronomy team help close sales on large growers, customers, and prospects.
- A bachelor’s degree in science, botany, agriculture, horticulture, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Master Grower
- Willingness to continue learning about horticulture and cannabis farming, and stay on top of current and future trends
- Familiarity with environment protection practices and the marijuana legal framework in our area
- Excellent knowledge of indoor and outdoor farming methods.
Skills needed for this role
The Master Grower should have excellent knowledge of the cannabis plant and the ability to identify and respond to any issues that arise during production or cultivation. He/She should be a dedicated and green-fingered individual with a passion for farming.