The Material Handler handles, moves and stores various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within a warehouse. His/Her main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses and making sure deliveries properly match purchase orders.
- Verifies the accuracy of quantity and quality of incoming deliveries
- Handles materials in a safe and orderly manner
- Labels every product and placing them accordingly
- Locates and packs materials for shipping.
- Works with team members to meet set goals
- Identifies and locates the right products during the delivery process
- Moves materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas
- Ensures all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Keeps a well-maintained and updated account of stock and inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven work experience as Material Handler or similar roles
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage.
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
Skills needed for this role
The Material Handler must have the ability to read and analyze Information. He/She must be adept at handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously and must be proficient with prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines. Having excellent time management is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee