The National Sales Manager ensures that a company’s sales objectives across all regions in the country are met. This role requires the flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and being accessible to clients and employees during evenings and weekends.
- Develops and implements effective sales strategies
- Meets with the sales departments across the country and attend conferences and trade shows, which requires frequent traveling.
- Drives sales objectives and achieving commercial budget and targets
- Leads nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Identifies and acquires new customers, as well as up-selling to the existing customer base
- Ensures accurate sales forecasting and account planning
- Establishes reasonable sales goals for a particular company based upon current market trends
- Creates a working sales strategy and monitor that all staff members are following it
- Supervises the entire sales team of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a National Account Manager and Sales Manager for more than 5 years
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Possesses a good knowledge of economics and how current market trends influence sales
Skills needed for this role
The National Sales Manager must have persuasion skills to be able to convince clients to purchase goods and inspire employees to succeed. He/She must have negotiation skills to create the most profitable deals and strong management skills to lead employees across different territories.
Sales and Marketing