The Network Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of computer networks at businesses and organizations. A Network Administrator will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. He/She is able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Fully supports, configures, maintains and upgrades corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Installs and integrates new server hardware and applications
- Maintains network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provides network support to users.
- Maintains servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Liaises with third party vendors
- Troubleshoots network issues or outages
- Trains users on hardware and software.
- Oversees local area network and wide area network
- Makes upgrades and repairs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field of study.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization.
Skills needed for this role
The Network Administrator must have good communication skills to liaise effectively with end users and possess good analytical & problem-solving skills. He/She must be great at organising, prioritising and multitasking. He/She must have strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Computer Science, Information & Technology