The Nutritionist creates meal plans according to a patient’s dietary restrictions and requirements. His/Her main duties include establishing short and long-term health goals with patients, teaching the public about health and nutrition and developing effective nutritional and exercise plans for clients.
- Counsels patients on any dietary issues and healthy eating habits
- Researches how the body’s functions are affected by nutrient supply
- Provides nutritional counseling and advice to clients
- Develops nutrition plans while taking into account the client’s budget and tastes
- Examines the process of nourishment and the association between diet, disease and health
- Consults with a team of health care practitioners on nutritional management for a client
- Assesses clients’ nutritional and health needs
- Provides health advice and promoting healthy eating
- Evaluates if the meal plans have a positive effect on clients’ health
- Develops and helps implement personalized nutrition plans for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutritional science, dietetics, or relevant field.
- Appropriate state licensure as a Nutritionist
- Proven previous work experience as a Nutritionist
- In-depth understanding of biochemistry and human physiology
- Experience with research methods and data analysis
Skills needed for this role
The Nutritionist must have in-depth knowledge of different dietary allergies and restrictions. He/She must have an understanding of food science and how it affects bodies and keen interest in the impact of diet on health.