The Operations Supervisor oversees all activity of a specific department or area in a company. He/She oversees, observes and analyzes overall efficacy of the department and ensures things are moving smoothly. He/She also oversees and reports their findings to upper management as needed.
- Supports daily management of department duties
- Carries out debriefs of all staff and ensures that paperwork is accurately and fully completed
- Carries out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Carries out security checks prior to the end of the shift
- Assigns work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics
- Supports the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy
- Assists with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required
- Assists the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics
- Ensures vehicle and equipment defect reporting is completed to a high standard
- High school diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business management or administration
- MBA is advantageous
- Proficient in using Microsoft office or related software
- In depth knowledge of the industry and regulations
Skills needed for this role
The Operations Supervisor must have the ability to multitask and delegate. He/She must have excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines. Having the ability to perform a wide range of duties and tasks and to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel are also essential for this role.