The Order Picker reads incoming orders and selects the correct items from the warehouse shelves before staging them for delivery. His/Her duties include operating forklifts and other heavy machinery, updating inventory counts and counting out the appropriate number of goods to fulfill and order.
- Pulls warehouse items from the shelves based on number, size, colour, quantity, and quality requirements
- Picks out ordered items from storage shelves or rooms using barcodes, serial numbers, etc.
- Operates handling equipment according to industrial safety regulations
- Ensures that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Ensures that orders are accurate
- Retrieves orders according to quantity, size etc. ensuring accuracy
- Stages items correctly for delivery
- Packs incoming stock away, taking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Monitors stock control systems and processes specific orders
- Operates handling equipment and ensures safety regulations are followed
- Keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Proven work experience as an Order Picker or similar roles
- Valid licence for handling forklifts, pallets jacks and other warehouse equipment
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Hands on experience in voice picking systems or RF devices
Skills needed for this role
The Order Picker needs to perform to a high level of accuracy. He/She must be upstanding, organized and able to perform under pressure. He/She must have good physical strength and stamina. Having excellent organizational and time management skills are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee