The Payroll Analyst maintains payroll-related accounts for a company by preparing documents like schedules, exhibits, summaries and accounting papers. His/Her duties include implementing company policies, technical procedures and standards in order to preserve the integrity and security of data; and coordinating with the payroll tax and compensation department to ensure timely and accurate files.
- Performs payroll functions in preparation, distribution, and reporting of payroll.
- Ensures the accurate and timely end to end processing of US multi-state payroll in Workday.
- Reviews, processes and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards utilizing Workday Time.
- Provides prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process.
- Audits payroll data to ensure accurate processing of wages, garnishments, tax withholdings and deductions.
- Monitors tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences; record tax payments and perform quarterly tax reconciliations in a timely manner
- Participates in accounting system implementations, including Workday system upgrades and performs user testing for all payroll related enhancements.
- Participates in special projects as assigned, such as documenting workflows, improving processes and procedures, and periodic updates to payroll related forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Thorough knowledge of payroll systems and reporting functions
- In depth knowledge with multi-state payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations
- Experience of using computer software e.g. Sage, QuickBooks
Skills needed for this role
The Payroll Analyst must have excellent Advanced Excel skills, communication skills, both written and verbal and problem solving skills. He/She must have the ability to perform complex and highly specialized payroll calculations and support functions.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Human Resources, Accounting