The Payroll Director oversees and supervises the organization’s payroll functions. He/She ensures that pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. He/She also administers monthly payments to staff members, as well as managing personnel in charge of payroll preparations.
- Coordinates and managing the entire payroll system
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Checks and audits all payrolls – paying close attention to legislative compliance
- Maintains payroll systems and reports any issues to management.
- Manages direct reports within the business’s payroll department
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures payroll is properly administered including the processing and month end support where required
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Supports internal requirements such as ensuring the proper completion and submission of annual leave reports
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Audits payroll transactions to ensure that accounts, payment dates, and taxes are accurate and up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, Accounting, Financial Management or related field required.
- Masters in HRM, Business Management, and Financial Management is advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of payroll software, such as Paycor, Zenefits, and UZIO.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
Skills needed for this role
The Payroll Director must demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of payroll systems, while also having payroll management experience, a strong ability to lead, problem solving and analytical skills amongst others. He/She must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as supervisory and leadership skills.
Human Resources, Payroll