The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the entire operations of the pharmacy department. Duties for a pharmacy manager include assisting with the onboarding process of new hires, training staff to manage customer orders efficiently whilst maintaining professionalism at all times and ensuring pharmacy compliance with federal and state regulations. A pharmacy manager should also address the concerns and queries of the customers.
- Programs, directs, reviews, and rectifies pharmacy procedures.
- Renders assistance to the technical and professional personnel in mixing, compounding and dispensing of various medications utilized by and sold to hospital patients.
- Makes formal requests for all supplies needed.
- Familiarizes self with current new pharmaceutical preparations prescribed for utilization by patients to be able to render assistance to hospital staff.
- Sets up and maintains a certified system of keeping records and the preparation of yearly budgets.
- Oversees the organization of inventories.
- Establishes and supports pharmacy services in line with state and federal requirements.
- Designs and organizes job descriptions and prepares annual performance evaluation on all employees in a prompt manner.
- Supports supervising staff with the annual budget and hand over capital expenditures in line with standard policies.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- State pharmaceutical license
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals and drugs to treat ailments
- Able to provide clear and concise instructions
- Self-driven and motivated to increase efficiency and performance
- Able to stand for long hours at a time
- Flexible to work long hours including weekends
- Sufficient familiarity with hospital practices, guidelines, and regulations in relation to compounding and apportioning medications.
- Adequate knowledge of business in relation to organization of a hospital pharmacy.
Skills needed for this role
The Pharmacy Manager must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong time-management and organizational skills. He/She must have great Leadership skills and the proficiency in directing, overseeing, and evaluating the work of technical and professional staff.