The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in the preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as pharmacy policies and procedures. Pharmacy technician activities are performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Prepares of medications for patients
- Receives and verifies the prescriptions
- Pricing and filling of prescriptions
- Obtains pharmacist’s approval
- Completes patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Assists with insurance claims processing
- Stocks and prices of medications in inventory
- Ensures availability of drugs by delivering them to patients or facilities
- Maintains pharmacy’s safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A pharmacy technician certification.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in a fast paced work environment.
- Able to operate equipment such as computers, scan guns, tablet counters, and cash registers
Skills needed for this role
The Pharmacy Technician must have excellent communication skills both written and oral and the ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks. He/She must have basic math skills for counting medications and knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee