The Physical Product Designer develops and designs a wide variety of consumer products. His/Her main duties include building designs for new products, adding improvements to existing products and conducting market research for new product design ideas.
- Modifies and revises existing designs to meet customer expectations
- Works together with design, engineering and marketing teams to establish production processes
- Sets schedules for project completion with clients and adhering to budgets and schedules
- Oversees the design process of a product from start to finish, or the improvement of an existing product.
- Brainstorms solutions to current pain points, take input from stakeholders, act as a liaison between designers, engineers, and researchers
- Prepares design specifications through sketches
- Performs research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Crafts technical specifications of products considering budgets and materials
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Proven work experience as a Physical Product Designer
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- Commercial awareness of the market for your product and how to place your product as marketable against your competitors
Skills needed for this role
The Physical Product Designer must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. He/She must have an excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal. Having good time-management skills and great interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee