The Plant Manager is responsible for the entire operations of a manufacturing plant. This includes the management and coordination of daily activities to ensure high performance and production at all times. He/She also ensures company policies and procedures are followed as well as assisting in the onboarding process of new hires and providing training and educational materials to staff members..
- Oversees operations to ensure safety
- Directs and coordinates daily operations of the manufacturing plant
- Develops plans that help operations run smoothly
- Organizes and watches over the daily operations of a manufacturing plant
- Manages production
- Creates and manages budgets
- Oversees efficiency and production
- Recruits, trains and onboarding new employees
- Ensures the plant consistently runs efficiently, quickly, safely, and smoothly.
- Collects and reviews data to reduce inefficiencies and waste
- Monitors equipment and ensures that they are in good working order
- Develops and drives continuous improvement initiatives
- BS degree in Business Management or similar relevant field
- Previous work experience as a Plant Manager for more than 5 years
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- In-depth knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
Skills needed for this roles
The Plant Manager must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/She must have strong leadership and managerial attributes as well as exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Being familiar with operating plant equipment safely and efficiently is also essential for this role.
Facilities and Maintenance