The Process Engineer helps to transform raw materials into valuable everyday products. He/She is responsible for designing, implementing, controlling and optimising industrial processes and machinery in the manufacturing industry.
- Researches, designs and develops new equipment
- Meets with production managers to assess existing processes.
- Oversees and assesses existing processes and workflows.
- Develops, configures and optimises end-to-end industrial processes, from ideation to certification
- Drafts process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates.
- Optimizes productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures.
- Manages cost and time constraints
- Develops, installs, and maintains equipment to complete the production process
- Utilizes process simulation software to test and find the most appropriate production strategies.
- Ensures compliance with both internal and external protocols and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related field,
- Master’s degree in Process Engineering preferred
- Must have obtained license as a Process Engineer
- Proven previous work experience as a Process Engineer
- High-level knowledge of process engineering software systems.
- Experience working with CAD and AutoCAD.
Skills needed for this role
The Process Engineer must have an in-depth knowledge of process, mechanical engineering and applied technologies. He/She must have an understanding of manufacturing, processing, and production and the ability to work well with other engineers on the same project.
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker