A Product Designer is responsible for the user experience of a product, usually taking direction on the business goals and objectives from product management. They analyze markets, design new products, improve existing ones, or manufacture them at lower costs.
- Formulates design concepts for material goods, as well as commercial and industrial products
- Collaborates with the design team, and provides helpful feedback on processes
- Uses data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric designs
- Reviews budget and monthly expenditures to understand whether certain costs are feasible
- Spends your time planning, designing and modelling products, producing prototypes and conducting rigorous testing
- Prepares sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to illustrate design concepts
- Understands technology, production methods and materials (such as textiles, metals and plastics
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in industrial design, computer science, or a related field a plus
- 1 year relevant work experience as a product designer
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Social media and email marketing experience a plus
Skills needed for this role
The Product Designer uses their design skills and technical knowledge to improve the way that existing products work and look, and/or produce them at a lower cost. They may also be involved in designing entirely new products. He/She must be creative, but they also must be effective communicators and storytellers to explain their vision for the product design.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee