A production artist is responsible for the accuracy and quality of a file before its publication. Duties include diligently applying design changes and recommendations to each project while handling an array of projects at any given moment
- Promotes website functionality and features to increase website engagement
- Formats graphics as well as collecting, processing and proofing various graphics files
- Makes any necessary changes prior to final production and distribution.
- Uses specialized software, they make sure that projects and products accurately meet all of a client’s requirements, and that images are of the highest possible quality
- Devises innovative multimedia that will help a company, project, or product stand out from the competition.
- Collaborates with product managers to understand the product and design requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Electronic Media or any other design related field.
- 1 year relevant work experience as a production artist
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of the print process, graphic designing software, and preflighting tools. (Adobe products, QuarkXPress, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
Skills needed for this role
A production artist is someone who is creative, computer savvy and very skilled at content design. An effective production artist has an excellent eye for design and graphics and will have good interpersonal skills for collaborating with other employees in the creative department.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Design, Web & Technology