The Property Manager manages the daily operations of properties, advertise vacant properties, and handle tenant relations. He/She is responsible for managing financial matters, coordinating maintenance work, enforcing leases, and preparing performance reports.
- Ensures properties are occupied by qualified tenants by following up on leads, advertising, and showing properties to prospective tenants
- Chooses qualified tenants and create rental agreements
- Collects rent and deposits
- Enforces rental agreement terms
- Resolves tenant complaints
- Regularly inspects property to ensure it is in perfect working condition
- Quickly solves emergency maintenance problems
- Oversees eviction proceeding
- Updates financial records monthly regarding property operations
- Negotiates contracts with vendors
- Creates and distributes monthly financial documents for property owner
- Maintains open dialogues with property owner on financial issues, physical condition of properties, tenants, and vacancies
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- A state real estate license is required. Knowledge of the industry.
- Familiarity with landlord tenant laws is a plus.
- Familiarity with real estate management software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of marketing and accounting principles.
- understanding of financial and customer service principals
Skills needed for this role
The Property Manager must have communication negotiation skills. He/She must be good in customer service orientation, planning and organizing. He/She must have supervisory skills and working knowledge of marketing, sales activities, budgets and financial statements.
Real Estate, Business Administration