Public relations directors manage the creation of marketing messages that positively raise the public image of their employer or clients. He/She ensures that company brand content is consistent, well timed, and newsworthy. He/She is responsible for managing the public relations department and the content it delivers and ensures the brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
- Manages the creation of marketing messages that positively raise the public image of their employer or clients.
- Works as the head of a public relations firm or a business communications department
- Ensures that company brand content is consistent, well timed, and newsworthy
- Develops and executes strategies that are intended to create and uphold a positive public image for clients
- Oversees the daily operations of the public relations team.
- Works and forms relationships with various members of the media, government, and public, directors generate new business opportunities.
- Works with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials.
- Arranges interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Manages other publicists, media connections, project managers, and marketing personnel to make sure that the publicity goals are being accomplished
- BA/MA degree in Mass communication, advertising or journalism or other related fields
- Previous work experience as a Public Relations Manager or Public Relations
- Superior customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Expert knowledge of social media, online marketing, and internet culture.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
Skills needed for this role
The Public Relations (PR) Manager must be able to influence decision-makers to promote their brand, public relations directors understand how broadcast media and its various audiences work. He/She must have the ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals. He/She must also have excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson.
Public Relations, Marketing