The Public Relations (PR) Manager is a mid-level management employee that creates and maintains a favorable public image for their employer or client by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view. He/She is tasked with fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits and organizing press conferences
- Plans and budgets for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Prepares media kits and organizing press conferences
- Develops advertising and marketing communications material and prepare articles for corporate newsletters
- Cultivates relationships with influential print, digital and broadcast journalists or thought leaders
- Manages the organization’s public relations (PR) team and overseeing all their activities
- Manages enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations
- Releases information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
- Monitors corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Briefs spokespeople within your organisation on communicating with the media.
- BA/MA degree in marketing, advertising or communications or a PR postgraduate qualification.
- Previous work experience as a Public Relations Supervisor for more than 3 years
- Superior customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
Skills needed for this role
The Public Relations (PR) Manager must have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships. He/She must be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail. He/She must also possess the ability to keep information confidential and must have tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
Public Relations, Marketing