Public relations specialists create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization they represent. He/She crafts media releases and develops social media programs to shape public perception of their organization and increase awareness of its work and goals.
- Evaluates advertising and promotion programs to determine whether they are compatible with their organization’s public relations efforts
- Helps maintain their organization’s corporate image and identity
- Builds relationships with new media contacts and maintain relationships with existing contacts
- Writes speeches for the client or employer’s representatives
- Organizes and oversees company events such as fairs, open days, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Evaluates public opinion of clients through social media
- Measures PR program impacts using regular reporting
- Responds to requests for information from media outlets
- Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of PR campaigns and communicate insights to management
- Handles an organization’s communication with the public, including consumers, investors, reporters, and other media specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or communications or a PR postgraduate qualification.
- Previous work experience as a Public Relations Specialist for more than 3 years
- Experience with PR campaigns and media management.
- Excellent writing, oral presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of public relations programs
Skills needed for this role
The Public Relations Specialist must have excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills. He/She must have outstanding organizational and time management skills, passion for public speaking and attention to details. Being able to write well-organized and clear press releases and speeches is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Public Relations, Marketing