The Purchasing Assistant supports business operations by ordering products or materials that agree with their employer’s brand. His/Her duties include maintaining relationships with Suppliers, Vendors or Wholesalers, placing orders for products based on current inventory needs and tracking shipments from manufacturing locations to retail stores or company warehouses.
- Works with the purchasing manager to run the purchasing department
- Organizes trips to merchandising events and making travel arrangements as required.
- Performs vendor research and selection to enhance profitability, reducing operating costs and boosting efficiency
- Attends meetings with vendors and takes minutes.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers, distributors and manufacturers
- Records purchases at the time of request and submit these orders for final approval from the department manager or the purchasing manager.
- Maintains cordial working relationships with vendors and supervising vendor activities
- Works closely with specific departments to gather and submit orders or work across the entire organization.
- Handles goods throughout the purchasing process
- Signs and reviews purchasing agreements with vendors, monitoring their performance and renegotiating contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Assistant and similar roles
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs
- Flexible to travel to meet with suppliers, distributors and manufacturers as required
Skills needed for this role
The Purchasing Assistant must have a good understanding of popular products and industry market trends and conditions. He/She must have excellent interpersonal, social skills and must have good verbal and written communication skills. Having a positive and professional demeanor are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee