The Purchasing Coordinator creates and maintains meaningful liaison with vendors to assure the constant procurement of supplies. He/She confers with production managers to determine the amount and type of materials needed for a project and ensure that they are delivered to the manufacturing unit in a timely fashion.
- Oversees procurement, sourcing, and contracting of materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Implements department procedures and realizing department goals.
- Handles the day-to-day activities of the Procurement department.
- Ensures competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works.
- Maintains complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Prepares reports.
- Schedules supplier visits and conducts competitor survey Execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties.
- Coordinates with user departments and suppliers.
- Supports relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of cost calculation and projects.
- Coordinates with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a similar field preferred.
- In depth knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with business application software, purchasing, and resource planning systems.
- Ability to analyze data and draw sound conclusions
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, practices and procedures utilized in the acquisition of inventory
Skills needed for this role
The Purchasing Coordinator must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. He/She must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and must be a team player with strong organizational skills. He/She must have the ability to establish and maintain records keeping and through effective application of system
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Construction, Supply Chain Management