The Purchasing Officer buys products for resale by their employer or services to be used by their employer on an enterprise level. He/She also purchases raw materials for production facilities. He/She also maintains stock levels, and may also conduct research, negotiate with vendors, and interview prospective suppliers.
- Researches and evaluates potential vendors.
- Conducts product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Compares the prices of different vendors for gaining maximum ROI.
- Updates and maintains records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Analyzes potential vendors and suppliers for future project needs
- Enters data into order portals and customer relationship management systems.
- Ensures all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Negotiates contracts on reasonable terms for pricing and supply.
- Compares and evaluates supplier offers.
- Tracks the orders and ensures timely deliveries
- Attends product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer and similar roles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs
- Proficiency in the relevant management software programs.
Skills needed for this role
The Purchasing Officer must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to negotiate, establish, and process contracts. He/She must be able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. He/She should understand the foundational principles of logistics as well as have subject matter expertise in their particular industry to make sound purchasing decisions.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee