The Quality Assurance (QA) Tester checks new software products, such as those for gaming systems or mobile applications, for defects or issues. He/She runs various tests on software to ensure it meets all standards and guidelines and is ready to be marketed to consumers.
- Executes test cases under varying circumstances
- Runs various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements.
- Documents and evaluates test results
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Detects, logs, and reports program bugs and glitches
- Records all defect details, creates and distributes reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues
- Tracks defects and helps troubleshoot errors
- Works closely with developers to recognize the potential for any operational issuesReviews test procedures and develops test scripts
- Assesses risks, and resolve issues before the new software is complete.
- Partners with engineers to drive QA efforts
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field
- Proven previous work experience as a Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
- A good working knowledge of test management software, programming languages, and QA methodologies.
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
Skills needed for this role
The Quality Assurance (QA) Tester must demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written communication skills to satisfy the main duties of this profession. He/She must be detail-oriented, self-motivated individuals who can work closely with teams of designers, engineers, and other related personnel while also being able to work independently as needed.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Information Technology, Data Management