The Quality Inspector checks the quality of incoming and outgoing materials or products for a company, as well as the production procedures. This job involves tasks such as running tests, keeping a record of defects, analyzing products, and overseeing procedures. Quality Inspector examines products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
- Carries out quality assessment measures of all the products ready to be shipped and incoming raw materials
- Monitors operations to ensure that they meet production standards
- Maintains detailed records of the testing that’s been carried out, as well as relevant additional information, and various metrics such as the number of defective products produced each day.
- Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Documents inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Inspects and scrutinizes each step involved in the manufacturing process according to organizational standards
- Creates reports for the quality manager of the company to highlight issues, detail the number of defective products being produced, and explain where improvements can be made.
- A degree in business administration, manufacturing/engineering or relevant field
- More than 3 years of experience as a Quality Inspector or similar role
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Familiarity with company and industry quality standards and processes
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
Skills needed for this role
The Quality Inspector must be quick to remove sample parts or products during the manufacturing process. He/She should be detail-oriented and precise in the manufacturing process. The Quality Inspector should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Production, Quality Assurance