The Real Estate Broker works to negotiate and arrange real estate transactions. He/Shel has daily duties that include writing contracts and overseeing transactions for sales and purchasing activities on homes, land and commercial properties.
- Partners with clients to buy, sell and rent real estate properties within the target market you have identified
- Lists the properties with the appropriate real estate boards to ensure maximum exposure
- Shares the listing commission with successful buyer brokers
- Coordinates home inspections and check inspection reports, repair assessments, home warranties, and other pertinent documents.
- Educates and constantly monitor their agents
- Helps to find renters for clients with rental properties
- Drafts sale and purchases contracts for respective parties to be completed upon the closing of a real estate transaction
- Submits any offers to the seller for consideration
- Negotiates price and any contingencies attached to the property in order to get their client the best deal possible
- Ensures that all real estate transactions are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assists buyers through to closing and taking possession
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or business administration.
- Experience in sales or management.
- Strong knowledge of the real estate and housing market
- Real estate broker’s license.
- Excellent negotiation and adjudicating skills
Skills needed for this role
The Real Estate Broker must have strong interpersonal skills since they spend much of their time interacting with clients and customers. He/She must be pleasant, enthusiastic, and trustworthy in order to attract and keep clients. He/She must address concerns clients or potential customers may have with a property.