A Receptionist serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival. Maintains security and telecommunications system. Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Handles queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence
- Confirms reservations, explain hotel amenities, give directions to rooms, and produce room keys
- Handles phone reservations, confirms previously-made reservations, gives directions to the hotel and answers any questions customers have about the lodgings
- Greets visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable
- Answers and forwards phone calls
- Takes and ensures messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis
- Makes travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on all partners’ itineraries
- Processes bills and helping clients or customers if they have any questions about their charges
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Proficient in English
- Basic knowledge of computer software and office systems
Skills needed for this role
Receptionist has a personable nature, allowing them to greet office visitors or employees and make them feel comfortable. He/She must also be proficient in using digital calendars and typical office appliances like copiers, printers, fax machines and phone systems to complete their job duties.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee