The Regional Sales Manager oversees the sales division of an organization within a particular region. His/Her main duties include directing sales department activities, developing strategies to increase sales in that specific region and establishing protocols and guidelines for the sales department under their charge.
- Provides support to individual stores, managers, and teams
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Identifies and acquires new customers, as well as up-selling to the existing customer base across the region
- Communicateswith store managers to determine their needs.
- Effectively manages and drives the sales cycle from prospection through to successful closure
- Acts as the main point of contact with brokers, suppliers, and distributors in the region.
- Determines long and short term sales goals
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirement
- Oversees product and supply ordering and shipment in accordance with regional needs
- Negotiates and manages business partnerships, and develops strategies to improve product positioning,sales and margins.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a Regional Sales Manager and Sales Manager for more than 5 years
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Possesses a good knowledge of economics and how current market trends influence sales
Skills needed for this role
The Regional Sales Manager must have a strong track record of success within prior experience in a regional sales role. He/She must possess solid and credible relationships with key decision makers in the region. Being highly goal oriented and possessing excellent communication & interpersonal skills are also essential for this role.
Sales and Marketing