The Relationship Manager forms and maintains connections with business clients to drive sales. His/Her duties include meeting with clients in-person to discuss new products or services, resolving client issues with their employer’s products or services to preserve relationships and communicating with other departments about maximizing client experiences.
- Builds and improves relationships with customers, key suppliers and partners.
- Notifies the sales team of new sales and cross-selling opportunities
- Maintains a deep knowledge of company products and services.
- Researches and pursues new business opportunities.
- Conducts customer satisfaction surveys and recommends ways of improving client satisfaction.
- Reviews company practices to ensure clients get maximum satisfaction from their purchases.
- Encourages high-sales and good customer service practices
- Develops and maintains a solid network with expert individuals who can assist in achieving customer or business goals
- Identifies potential opportunities and inform the sales team to follow up.
- Oversees customer relationship management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a Relationship Manager for more than 5 years
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Possesses a good knowledge of economics and how current market trends influence sales
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships with clients
Skills needed for this role
The Relationship Manager must build trust with clients by demonstrating integrity and professional competence consistently. He/She must also be empathetic and demonstrate a genuine interest in client and business needs. He/She must have the ability to project charisma, adjust tone, and develop a strong rapport with a diverse group of clients.
Sales and Marketing