Research Associates are responsible for managing trials and studies pertaining to the products and services that the company is offering. Research associates conduct research to ensure these products are safe to allow on the market. Research associates develop and outline trial protocols, establish trial sites, train site staff.
- Creates and writes trial protocols, and presents these to the steering committee.
- Identifies, evaluates, and establishes trial sites, and closes sites down on completion of the trial.
- Liaises with the ethics committee regarding the rights, safety, and well-being of trial subjects.
- Orders, tracks, and manages trial materials.
- Protects subjects’ confidentiality, updating their information
- Conducts regular site visits, coordinating project meetings, and writing visit reports.
- Implements action plans for sites not meeting expectations.
- Ensures compliance with SOPs and local regulations
- A bachelor’s degree in Research Analysis or related field
- Knowledge of the relevant industry
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload effectively.
- Available to travel extensively and on short notice, and ability to manage travel schedules, such as flight schedules.
- Discusses findings with other personnel to evaluate validity of findings
- Conducts research, utilizing institution library, archives, and collections, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
Skills needed for this role
Research Associates must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in computer skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
2+ years of experience as a research associate.