The Retail Buyer plans, selects and purchases quantities of goods and merchandise that are sold in retail stores. He/She sources new and reviews existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
- Sources and builds relations with new suppliers
- Sources, develops and introduces product ranges that suit their stores and customer base
- Reviews existing stores’ product offerings
- Analyzes consumer buying patterns and predict future trends
- Negotiates with the suppliers to secure competitive prices
- Participates in promotional activities
- Ensures timely product delivery along with compliance to the purchase contracts.
- Monitors the progress of their orders and ensuring they arrive on time and in the right quantities
- Does quality check when receiving the goods to make sure the products meet their standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proven work experience as a retail buyer
- Must have the knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions
- Must have Customer-oriented approach
Skills needed for this role
The Retail Buyer must have commercial awareness, great interpersonal and communication skills. He/She must also have negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people. Having the ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines. He/She must have exceptional understanding of market research, forecasting techniques, and data analysis.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee