The Retail Manager runs the store successfully by working on the shop floor and he/she is also in constant contact with customers and staff. He/She is responsible for ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
- Maintains statistical and financial records
- Manages stock levels and make key decisions about stock control
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Promotes brands and auditing the performance of key product lines.
- Manages all store operations and delegate responsibilities
- Oversees pricing and stock control
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry,
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts and maintaining inventories.
- Ensures that premises and service levels are maintained to company standards.
- Manages appropriate levels of stock and purchases while staying on budget
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in business administration, retail management or a related field; Master’s degree in the field is a plus
- Successful previous experience as a Retail Manager for more than 5 years
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage others
- Strong working knowledge of management best practices
- effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
Skills needed for this role
The Retail Manager must have the ability to plan and prioritize workloads and delegate accordingly. He/She must have the capacity to grasp new concepts quickly and must have the ability to multitask and work under pressure. Having a well-developed commercial awareness and the desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas are also required for this role.