The Retail Sales Representative helps customers find merchandise and purchase products in a store. His/Her duties include ensuring the store is appropriately stocked with merchandise, assisting customers as needed and performing transactions like sales and returns.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Rings up sales and arranges for delivery or pick-up of the customer’s order if needed
- Maintains good customer service decorum when attending to clients in an outlet or over a communication medium
- Conducts price and feature comparisons to facilitate purchasing
- Demonstrates products and shows consumers how to maximize their features.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Assists in maintaining the back stock room and setting up merchandise displays on the sales floor.
- Processes payment of purchased goods/services and oversee the issue of transaction documents such as receipts and invoices
- Collects and researches information needed to identify and resolve problematic situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Representative
- Must have the knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, capable of building trusting relationships
- Must have Customer-oriented approach
Skills needed for this role
The Retail Sales Representative demonstrates outstanding customer service and selling skills, and keeps the selling floor stocked with merchandise. He/She must address customer complaints, assist in the display of merchandise, or organize the selling floor and stock areas. Having excellent customer service and the ability to perform in fast-paced environments are essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee