The Retail Trainer educates salespeople using various methods, like coaching, seminars and interactive activities. He/She creates and implements training programs for retail employees to teach them effective selling and customer service techniques, and explain how to follow all company protocols.
- Coordinates and executes, in alignment with HR department, the On Boarding Program for Retail population
- Evaluates existing training materials, determining what changes need to be made to keep these materials relevant and updated with all company policies.
- Conducts training sessions with new employees, using various training methods to engage employees, including hands-on and interactive activities.
- Collaborates with management staff to get feedback on customer and staff complaints in order to design more effective training materials.
- Maintains training records as well as create and produce reports for facilitating training workshops
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques
- Evaluate and analyze all training modules for effectiveness, and iterate as needed.
- Supports training financial objectives by recommending budget items and controlling costs.
- Responsible for the creation, innovation, and ongoing development of training materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Retail Trainer, Sales Trainer or similar role
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise (Excel, Word, Power Point, Learning Management Systems)
- Availability to travel and visit our retail stores, as needed
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office and G Suite apps
- Must work well with others and thrive in a team environment
Skills needed for this role
The Retail Trainer must demonstrate strong listening, interpersonal, written and communication skills. He/She must possess excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload, work remotely and be self motivated. He/She must have strong customer service skills and knowledge of software programs for inventory systems and other store operations.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Training and Development, Sales