The Room Attendant cleans, tidies and prepares hotel rooms, while respecting guests’ privacy and their belongings. The room attendant is responsible for replacing towels and changing bed linens, as well as performing general cleaning of all surfaces in the hotel. His/her job description may involve vacuuming and special bed turndowns for higher-end establishments.
- Ensures the availability of sanitary items in bathroom
- Performs all necessary cleaning activities such as dusting, sweeping, trash removal, mopping, and polishing
- Restocks/replaces items in rooms and bathrooms for guest use that have run out of stock or need replacement
- Maintains all equipment used in completion of housekeeping duties
- Ensures service area is well stocked with necessary products and cleaned always
- Replenishes amenities according to the operational standards.
- Ensures that rooms are regularly cleaned according to the hotel procedures
- Performs general cleaning of common areas, such as stairs and corridors
- Provides professional personal service, including shoe cleaning, ironing, and minor clothing repairs to guests
- Performs regular deep cleaning of all areas of hotel as instructed
- Complies with all rules regarding health and safety of guests and coworkers
- Responds to customer complaints in a positive way and keep the customers satisfied
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Previous hotel-related experience desired.
- Able to work independently and efficiently, while maintaining a high quality of work
- Ability to quickly and efficiently perform cleaning duties
- Should be willing to work in shifts, on holidays as well as during festive periods.
Skills needed for this role
The Room Attendant should have knowledge of and ability to comply with workplace statutory requirements, including health and safety, fire prevention, hygiene, and handling of potentially harmful substances. He/She must have the ability to communicate effectively with hotel guests, i.e., to announce arrival at the door and to clearly understand requests from guests.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee