The School Administrator is responsible for overseeing the administrative duties at schools from preschool through post-graduate levels. He/ She ensures a safe and productive learning environment for the students and faculty at their institution.
- Leads practices for achievement of high academic standards
- Understands and reviews the way the school and all its departments function.
- Provides professional development opportunities for teachers
- Handles relations with parents, students, employers, and the community
- Provides full administrative support to the administration team and teaching staff as required
- Approves job postings, hire, interview and onboard new teachers and additional staff members as they join the team.
- Represents and maintains school image and reputation
- Attends meetings and scheduling appropriate staff team building sessions.
- Coordinates school security
- Arranges internal meetings
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Education or related field, master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Current state professional certification in educational leadership
- Relevant experience as a School Administrator for more than 3 years
- Strong knowledge of educational techniques and methods for teaching young children
- Teaching credentials a major plus
- Knowledge of the most current educational computer software and programs
Skills needed for this role
The School Administrator must have several important skills outside of their formal education. He/She needs to be a leader, problem-solver, and decision-maker to help run their institution. Having good interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff members, teachers, and students are required for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee