The Scrum Master helps oversee the scrum and development team. They are knowledgeable in Agile methodology and scrum and able to educate others. He/She acts as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner and maintains a safe working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution.
- Establishes an environment where the team can be effective
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Facilitates the daily standup (sometimes called the daily scrum) and helps the team reach a consensus.
- Leads the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Determines and manages tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Ensures a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Helps the team make progress on the project by ensuring each person is working on the right tasks
- A degree in computer science or other related fields
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred
- Proven work experience as a Scrum Master for more than 3 years
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
Skills needed for this role
The Scrum Master must have the ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict. He/She must have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding scrum master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Information and Technology